Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pulled in a million directions

I was feeling pulled in several directions. I am sure you know the feeling, someone wants your attention while the phone is ringing and another person is tugging at your sleeve. By the end of the day you want to collapse but there are several more projects that demand attention and before you know it it's after midnight...again. Since I am not a night person "after midnight" is not nice. That is just how I felt last night and I was visualizing those feelings and saw myself being pulled left and right back and forth. I could see my arms and legs being stretched further and further and feeling like I just might split in two or maybe three pieces. Then I knew that God had an answer for me. I could feel God drawing me toward Him but instead of feeling pulled in yet another direction I felt embraced and whole. I need to remember this, the next time I feel overwhelmed by so many of life's demands, I need to take a moment and draw close to the One who keeps me all together.

No comments: