Sunday, May 31, 2009

Friends

Remember the old song, "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold." This week I had the privilege of spending time with some new and old friends. Like the song, I have discovered that both kinds of friends are valuable. Just in the last few days I have talked to friends from California, Seattle, Maryland, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Florida. Some are new and some of these friends go back 35+ years, all of them precious and special. As a person of Covenant I believe in keeping friends, you could say I collect them. Friends make us rich in ways that cannot be measured. Who is my best friend you may ask? Let me answer with another song. "What A Friend we have in Jesus all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer." He's the best and I'm willing to share...Blessings...

No comments: