Friday, May 29, 2009

The Cycle of our Days

Some days life is fast and some days it is slow. We have had several fast days and today is one of those slower, do the laundry, unpack the suitcase and clean the bathroom days. It doesn't seem very exciting. Fred is working on taxes and video editing, a never ending job by the way, and I am busy with even less exciting things in life. So often, I have discovered, people think that if they aren't doing the "exciting" that they have no value or that the things they do are not as important as what someone else does. However it's the mundane, such as clean clothes and bookwork, that make a way for the more exciting things of life. I told my sister, just this morning, that my life seems to have a system. I do laundry, pack my suitcase, clean my house before a trip, have the exciting ministry trip, come home, unpack, do laundry and start all over again. God created it that way by covenanting with the night and day. There will always be a night and always a day, seven in a row and then we start all over again. Oh... Oh... I just got a phone call...my plans have changed. Even the slow days aren't so mundane after all.

No comments: