Friday, March 28, 2008

Benin - Teaching

Debby praying at the end of class. Week of March 10-14. This is in Cotonou, Benin. It is the Bible School of Pastor Nazaire, called “Source de Vie.”


I (Fred) was teaching at the church Bible School of Pastor Mathias in another part of the city.

I went Sunday after church, March 9th, from Lome, Togo to Accra, Ghana with Pastor Geoff of N.H. Monday morning he started Bible School in Accra. I picked up Bill Chapel, from Debby’s dad’s church in Salamanca, NY, at the airport. The 2 of us headed back to Lome, Togo, picked up Debby and traveled on to Cotonou, Benin in time for us both to teach our evening classes.

Tuesday, Debby had morning class. In the afternoon, Pulcherie, from the Orphanage, brought the twin girls to us at the Baptist Guesthouse. “Uncle Fred” had fun playing with them – first ever time on a swing and tricycle ride. About the time they left, I (Fred) got sick. I had to send Bill to teach my class on 1 Corinthians that evening. Thank God, Bill was there. I had to do the same thing the next night being sick all-day and worse in the evening. There was no power and Bill had to teach by candlelight. We were to go to Parakou on Saturday, but I changed it to going on Monday, because I was sick, so I could get feeling better first.

Monday, March 17th we went to Parakou. I did good on the trip but come evening, I was terrible nauseated again. Bill and I did the morning seminar about Prophecy and I felt a little better. I began to email to ask people to pray. Friday morning we left Parakou and come back to Cotonou and I woke up healed. Praise the Lord. I woke without pain and when I got up and moved around, no pain. It felt wonderful! Thank you for praying. I’ll do another blog on Parakou with 2 testimonies that Debby received.

Before leaving Parakou, we went to see the land that is being donated to our ministry. That’ll be the next blog.

Saturday Bill and I went off to one of Nazaire’s village churches. They said it was a 45 minute drive – ended up like an hour and 45. It was up a lot of dirt road. The sky was dark and rained a little (I was thinking of similar times in Benin when we went off to a village up dirt roads and it rained and we got stuck). It was my first time to that village. The pastor was a student that asked me to come and I had said, “Yes,” last year.
Easter Sunday Debby went to the biggest 4 square church in Cotonou. Bill and I went to Nazaire’s big central church in Cotonou.

No comments: